You should have your Profex account made and ready to go before application day.
None of this applies to people renewing -those who are renewing check here.
When is Application Day?
Refresh the heck outta that page
Refresh it to see when the new link appears. When it does go to the Auxiliares de conversación extranjeros en España.
You’re creating a new account so you click on Nueva Solicitud.
Technically the first thing you’ll be doing is uploading your PDF scans of your passport, degree/transcript, letter of intent (cover letter) and letter of recommendation.
Tip: Some people skip this…
- If Profex is being slow.
- If you want to get a lower number.
- If you don’t have one/some/all of the documents ready/scanned.
Then you can upload them later. You still have to click them still. So click 1,2,3,4,5 and then hit next.
But where do my documents go?
You can upload them after you submit the application and get the inscrita number. When you’re finished go back to your CV and upload them under the Documentos Anexos.
2017 was the first time Andorra appeared on this part. As no one is sure (as of January 2017) what all this means – leave Andorra alone. Click on España then you’ll have a chance to choose your preferred location.
It has many regions that are NOT part of the Aux. Program. The Profex website is used by local as well as world-wide teachers. So it has information for everyone.
Note that if you mark Castile La Mancha, Valencia, Catalonia, Navarre, Cantabria, or the Canary Islands you’re wasting your choices depending on where you’re from.
The groups look like this:
Crossed out ones are generally not available to everyone. Starred ones are notorious troublemakers who pay late/ have different programs. Andalucia pays late and should be starred.
Tip: You can only choose one region per column so you can’t say Andalucia and Madrid.
You now have to answer
- What language do you want to teach?
- Do you have any other skills (science) you could teach?
- Do you have anyone coming with you? Couples or friends applying as well – here is your chance to indicate each other.
- Did that person also apply? For example you’re going together vs a trailing spouse or children you’re bringing.
- What center/type of school is your ideal choice? (young kids, elementary, middle, high, or a special center).
- What size of community would you like to live in? (a big city/urban area, a small village/rural area).
- Is there anything else you would like to note on your application? Now is your chance to write something if you need to. The example sheet shows someone who is reapplying talking about not having a car and they want to move somewhere they won’t need a car. If you’re bringing children or a trailing spouse you might want to mention it here.
You are now INSCRITA
Print, Sign, Email
Write En (location) a (day of the week) de (month) 2017
Sign and date the checklist.
Scan these and send them to your coordinator.
For the “Subject” field of the email:
18_2AX with your inscrita number (last four digits) with your name and first name
as in the example: 18_ 2A0299 Sample, John.